Thursday, June 7

Just a quick update...

Just a quick update on what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks. I'll do them in dot points, coz you know, I'm all busy with exams and all that.

- Didn't get the admin assistant job. They wanted someone for 18 months, but I could only do 12 months (due to the prac I have in my final year). Either that, or I wasn't good enough. Sheeze, and gave myself a HUGE blister wearing my mum's shoes for nothing (they were half a size too small).

- Been studying for exams. Well, trying to. Realised that I missed exactly half the lectures for one unit (i.e. didn't go to 13 of the 26 lectures we had). Well, I had a clash for the Friday lecture, so it wasn't as though I wagged or anything. I just forgot to ilecture it during the weekends.

- Work people are really starting to grate on my nerves. Seriously, a little common courtesy on the phone would not go astray. They're super sugary nice to you if they need you to pick up extra shifts, but if you can't make it (yes, I've got a busy social life *cough*) they are so freaking rude. I'm talking hanging up the phone, yelling at you, demanding why you have plans on a Friday night. Sheeze. I don't really want to quit though, coz, I need the money and all. And the work itself isn't that bad. I just dread the 'withheld' number phone calls. *sigh*

- What else. Ohh yeahhhh! Possibly the most exciting news of all. Well, my aunt was here from Malaysia during the weekend, for a, um, visit to Burswood. Anyhoo, I went into the Pearl Room and she gave me a $1000 chip to play with. Well, minimum bet was $300 so I bet that much. It was Bacarrat. I only played three rounds (that was the most I could handle, with that much money! Nuts!). Anyhoo, I WON $900!!!! As in, I won all three rounds I played!!! AND THEN., my aunt said I could keep the money. AS IN, KEEP THE $1900. Nuts! After paying my mum the money I owed her, I still had enough to TRIPLE my bank balance. Which wasn't hard to do, considering the amount I had in there to begin with. Anyway, how fun. :)

- My cousin bought me new shoes! Black, pointy toed, slighltly raised off the ground (well, they're kinda like wedges, but almost flat). Love 'em!

- Went to an Indian restaurant for dinner, which was a first for me. They had all these different curries in different bowls with naan bread, and teh tarik. We found a suspicious-looking short, black hair in one of the curries.

Ok, time for me to hit the books. (Er, hit the WebCT? Heehee). Laters.

P.S. Yeh, that was 'Brangelina'. Or, as Mavis suggested, Brangilna. Heeee.

1 comment:

Mai said...

ooo $1000 bucks damn nice auntie u got there! still haven't got myself a job and have to head back to the island anyways..pfft..eww hair in food is so gross